Welcome to Georgiahighschoolfishing.com
This is the official home of Georgia High School Fishing (GHSF)
GHSF is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to advancing the sport of bass fishing and developing young people through the sport of fishing.
We are the premier high school bass fishing tournament organization in North Georgia.
In order to fish any GHSF tournament you must:
1. Complete the liability, and information forms
2. Be a GHSF member - $50 per angler fee
3. Pay your entry fee - $30 Per boat per tournament
4. Watch the mandatory safety, procedures, and fish care videos
Times and Information for the Early Bird Open Sept. 23rd
- Registration Opens at 5:00AM
- Mandatory Rules meeting at 6:15 AM
- Rules meeting will beheld at the pavilion for this tournament only. All boat captains and anglers need to be present. You can launch your boat and then come up for the meeting.
- Blast off around 7:00 AM or Safe light
- Weigh in will start at 3:00
- We will have a 3 fish limit for this tournament - 14 inch minimum.
- Boat number are given out in order of check in the morning of the tournament.
- Make sure your lights and kill switch are working prior to Sunday Morning.
- Boats may arrive by water but parking should not be too bad for this tournament.
Sunday Sept. 23rd - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Early Bird Open
- This is not a points tournament but an opportunity to help team get orientated and used to our format and rules.
Sunday Oct. 28th - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #1
Sunday Nov. 11th - Hartwell - Gum Branch - Points tournament #2
Sunday Dec. 9th - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #3
Sunday Mar. 3rd - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #4
Sunday Apr. 14th - Hartwell - Gum Branch - Points tournament #5
Sunday May 5th - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #6
End of the Year Classic TBA - Sometime in June
In order to fish you:
- Must be a member of GHSF - $50 per angler
- Complete all forms and read the 2018-19 rules (Available on the website)
- Be a 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grader in good standing with your school
- Pay your $30 per boat entry fee for each tournament
- Must have a boat captain that is at least 19 years old and not a high school student
Points will be accumulated throughout the season. Best 5 out of 6 tournaments.
Top 3 teams in overall points will be automatic qualifiers to the SAF National Championships.
Registration and payment info are on the website. Make sure you have filled out the membership contact form on the website
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need clarification – firstname.lastname@example.org - 714-814-5803
Like Georgia High School Fishing on facebook Follow us on twitter @gahsfishing