Welcome to Georgiahighschoolfishing.com
This is the official home of Georgia High School Fishing (GHSF)
GHSF is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to advancing the sport of bass fishing and developing young people through the sport of fishing.
We are the premier high school bass fishing tournament organization in North Georgia.
Reminder The December 9th Trail Tournament has been Postponed till the Spring
I have decided to use our permit for a Open Pot tournament on Sunday December 16th.
This is not a high school tournament - Although highschool students are welcome to fish with an adult.
This is not a points or trail tournament - Just an open tournament for some fun.
The weather looks good here are the details:
- Little Hall Ramp Registration opens at 5:30
- Entry Fee - $100 - $70 to the pot - $5 to big fish
- $25 will go to GHSF to support our High School Anglers.
- Blast off 6:45 or Safe light
- Weigh in 3:00 - Flights depends on the number of boats
- 5 Fish - 14 inch Min.
- 2 Man teams
- Kill switch and life jackets must be worn anytime the big motor is running.
- No live bait
- All decision made by the tournament director are final
- Everyone will fish in a safe and sportsmanlike manner with the utmost respect for all anglers and the sport or face disqualification.
Trail Tournament #3 December 9th
Update - 12/5/18
After careful consideration, I have decided to go ahead and postpone the tournament scheduled for this Sunday 12/9. I am looking at rescheduling for the spring sometime. Hopefully, sometime in February. I will post the new date when I get permits back from the corp.
This decision was not made lightly and I tried to get input from several different sources.
If you have a question or concern please feel free to email me email@example.com
Have I nice weekend and stay warm
The national federation officially announced today that the Georgia State Championships will be on Lake Lanier March 3rd at Laurel Park. Which will conflict with our trail tournament. Therefore I have moved our March 3rd Tournament to March 17th to ensure that we don't conflict. They also announced some exciting news for the State Champions and National Championships.
Trail Tournament #2 November 11th
We had another wonderful turnout with 103 boats on Lake Hartwell. Congrats to the Team of Pfundt and Schwartz from Creekview who won with 14.24. The West Forsyth team of Mulhall and Roushey took home the big bass award with a 5.61 pound Large mouth.
Sunday Sept. 23rd - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Early Bird Open
- This is not a points tournament but an opportunity to help team get orientated and used to our format and rules.
Sunday Oct. 28th - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #1
Sunday Nov. 11th - Hartwell - Gum Branch - Points tournament #2
Sunday Dec. 9th - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #3
Sunday Mar. 3rd - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #4
Sunday Apr. 14th - Hartwell - Gum Branch - Points tournament #5
Sunday May 5th - Lanier - Little Hall Park - Points tournament #6
End of the Year Classic TBA - Sometime in June
In order to fish you:
- Must be a member of GHSF - $50 per angler
- Complete all forms and read the 2018-19 rules (Available on the website)
- Be a 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grader in good standing with your school
- Pay your $30 per boat entry fee for each tournament
- Must have a boat captain that is at least 19 years old and not a high school student
Points will be accumulated throughout the season. Best 5 out of 6 tournaments.
Top 3 teams in overall points will be automatic qualifiers to the SAF National Championships.
Registration and payment info are on the website. Make sure you have filled out the membership contact form on the website
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need clarification – firstname.lastname@example.org - 714-814-5803
Like Georgia High School Fishing on facebook Follow us on twitter @gahsfishing